Coding & Advanced Programming
The Bridging Communities Coding program prepares students with the entry level skills required to enter web design, game design, and animation or modeling/simulation fields. This two-year program will allow students to earn six high school credits, 33 college credits and three Career Studies Certificates from Rappahannock Community College.
Occupational options include graphic designer, multimedia artist & animator, applied software developer, digital visualization specialist, and modeling /simulation specialist. Annual salaries for Web Design and Coding occupations range from $30,000.00 to $109,000.00, depending upon education and skill.
Year 1 of Coding - 11th Grade
The junior year students will learn to use software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash to create advanced web pages and design for numerous digital applications. Students will also be trained as Microsoft Specialists through the Microsoft IT Academy in programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point and more. Upon successfully completing year 1, students will earn 3 high school credits, 18 college credits, and a college Career Studies Certificate in Web Design.
High School Courses:
- 6640 - Programming
- ITN 101 - Introduction to Networking
- ITD 110 - Web Page Design I
- ITD 120 - Design Concepts for Mobile Apps
- ITD 210 - Web Page Design II
- ITD 112 - Designing Web Page Graphics
- ITE 100 - Intro to Information Systems or**
**ITE 115 - Introduction to Computer Applicaiton and Concepts (as determined by VPT test results and RCC requirements)
- Enroll in Rappahannock Community College
- Complete English & Math VCCS placement tests.
- Computer Information Systems or a similar Business/IT class recommended
- Place into ENF 2 on the English Virginia Placement Test (VPT)
- Pass units 1 - 2 of the Math (VPT)
Year 2 of Coding & Advanced Programming - 12th Grade
High School Courses:
- 6641 - Programming, Advanced
- ITD 212 - Interactive Web Design
- ITP 160 - Intro to Game Design & Development
- ITP 165 - Gaming & Simulation
- ITP 120 - JAVA 3
- ITN 260 - Networking Security Basics
- Successful completion of Programming I with a grade of "C" or higher
Coding Student showing off project he built for Summer STEM Academy